Monday, March 16

The Central @ Clark Quay

My first visit to Central! Decided to skip Equity lecture in favour of getting a haircut after hearing that LCS was cancelled. She's always doing that, last minute stuff! Actually, I had wanted to try Maison Hairmake at FEP but unfortunately, I was unable to get through so decided to head somewhere near after my Pro Bono stint and settled on Central.

And what a choice it was! Turns out Central is full of Jap food outlets! I even saw quite a few Japanese looking for a restaurant to get their lunch. Interesting. I've heard good things about Waraku, Sun and moon, Petit Provence and Ma Maison and they all have outlets there! Unfortunately, I did not feel like eating proper food so I missed out Waraku..

Al right, so what did i have? I had Provence's Choc Wassant. Its good lar~ I know now why people rave about it but $0.60 for such a small piece... It definitely warrant a second thought before each buy.

Also tried Starbucks' Wholemeal Multigrain bagel. I requested for it to be toasted so it was, to a slight brown but oddly enough, it was not hot enough to melt the cold butter! My guess is that the cold weather cooled down the bagel too fast.

After hearing SOOO many raves on Sun and MOon, I die die have to try their cheesecake but the place was so hard to find! Central in general was quite a maze for me... suaku me only like straightforward places XP Anyways, I had the tofu cheesecake. Erm.. I did not think it was all that great. it was abit too sour for me but I wonder if its because the cake was left in the open too long as there was this small part around the middle of the cake where it was milky and slightly sweet. YUMM! But, it was only a very small part of the cake. As i said before, I did not feel like having proper food so no mains but I went during tea time so even if I had wanted, they do not serve mains anyway.

I do so hope to go to Central again. Not much to shop but definitely alot of food to try out!

1 comment:

The Bakerwoman said...

Hi Lillian,
dropped by to say "Hello".

Next time, u r in Clarke Quay, go to this dessert shop, called Nectarine, they have good cakes n ice cream too!

cheers,
L